Here’s some answers to commonly asked questions that might make for a comfortable visit…
What should I wear?
- The message sounds the same no matter what you are wearing!! Seriously, God accepts us “just as we are” and so do we! You’ll frequently find people in all types of dress in worship every weekend.
How do I get there?
- We are located 1 block North of the intersection of Metcalf & Hwy 68 (Amity) in Louisburg, KS, 66053. When you arrive, you’ll find ample paved parking out front, plus some overflow on the grass if needed. If you are a first-time visitor, have special needs, or have a “Handicapped” Parking tag, you’ll find specially marked parking for you in the lot in front of the building. There is also a covered walkway by the front door if you are dropping off people near the door or during inclement weather.
Is the building accessible?
- We are an entirely flat building with ramps over all curbs. The entire building is ADA compliant and even has cut-outs in the sanctuary for wheelchairs. Also, we also have armchairs on various rows in the Sanctuary!
What is worship like?
- Sunday Worship, 8:30am
A time of traditional worship filled with hymns including a traditional liturgy, a call to worship and responsive prayers. You will hear God’s words in scripture and a message. Children’s programming is not offered at this service.
Sunday Worship, 10:30am
A time of blended worship filled with hymns and contemporary Christian music and children’s programming.
What about kids in worship?
Children are always welcome to stay in the sanctuary for the service with their parents but we also offer Children’s Church!
- Family Room
If your little one needs some room to move around, you are welcome to bring them in to play and still be able to watch and listen to the service.
- Bags for Kids
Take a free children’s bag as you enter the sanctuary.
You’ll find them in brightly colored bags right by the children’s center entrance ready with fun things to keep the children busy.
- Children’s Church (Kdg – Grade 5), 10:30 service
Staff and volunteers will be waiting for the kids at the back of the sanctuary when Pastor Brad dismisses them about 10 minutes after service begins.
What if I have teens?
Are snacks and refreshments available?
- Yes! Coffee, hot tea, & hot chocolate are free and available at the coffee counter!
Where can I find restrooms? Are they accessible?
- Accessible restrooms for all physical abilities are located in the hallway leading to the fellowship hall. The water fountains are located outside and between the restrooms.
Can I meet the pastor or receive pastoral care?
- Definitely. The pastors will be around before worship and at the door after worship. The pastors would love to meet you! If you are in need of pastoral care let us know!
Can I try out a class or small group?
- Absolutely! We have classes and small groups for adults, youth, and children! Just click here for a summary of current class offerings.
What can I participate in as a visitor?
- As a visitor, all our ministry areas are open to you. You can worship, be in a small group, participate in missions, usher, and plug in as you see fit. The only areas in which we do not allow visitors are key leadership roles (like our board), caring ministry (as it requires a covenant and advanced training), and also leading in ministry for children and youth (as they require background checks). Everything else is wide open to you!
Can I receive communion?
- Holy Communion is a time we experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ. Sometimes, people call Holy Communion the Lord’s Supper or Eucharist, but they all mean the same thing. We offer communion weekly.
- As a United Methodist Church, we believe communion is open to all. If you are a first-time visitor, regular visitor, from another denomination, or just seeking a church home, you are welcome to receive communion. We believe receiving communion merely is a visible way of saying, “God use me as you will.”
- During communion, you will be offered a piece of bread to dip in a cup of juice. Then, you eat both at the same time. Then, you are free to kneel at the altar or just return to your seat. We want you to be comfortable in this holy moment. Gluten free elements are always available at one station. Just ask any server for the gluten free option.
What about safety?
- Our safety and security team is on duty during most worship services and events. An AED is on site always. Plus, we have a state-of-the art camera system throughout the church and shelter in place features. Weapons are prohibited on site with the exception of certified or retired law enforcement officers and our security team.
How can I stay connected to everything going on at LUMC?